RACIAL JUSTICE RISING
MASS SLAVERY APOLOGY
Resources for Racial Justice
Join us at our free monthly programs in Greenfield!
All programs are at the First Congregational Church of Greenfield, 43 Silver Street, Greenfield MA 01301, almost always on the first Saturday morning of the month. (A big thank you to the First Congregational Church of Greenfield for your support!) Free snacks and childcare. For more info: email@example.com or www.massslaveryapology.org
February 6: A program on decolonization with Strong Oak
March 5: A program on health care disparities with Steven Martin
Check out Mass Slavery Apology’s YouTube channel, with videos of our programs and more.
- Education or Miseducation, with Dr. Mulazimuddin Rasool
- 1676 and Beyond: Tribes, Race, and Untold Histories, with David Tall Pine White and David Brule
- What Reparations Forces Us To Do, with Chris Tinson
- One People, One Earth! with Brother NorthStar
Lives/Black History with Gloria De,Layne Matlock and Adam Matlock
Articles, websites, and other resources
- When My Japanese-American Family Was Treated As Less Than Human, by Mike Honda at Reuters
- Yellowface & Racism Against Asians Is As Important As Other Prejudices, by Carmen Fishwick at The Guardian
Black Lives Matter
Black History & Culture
- Smithsonian Museum of African-American History & Culture To Open Its Doors, from Code Black Report
- Found Voices, recordings of slave narratives, from ABC News 1999
- With Powerful Murals, Hale Woodruff Paved the Way for African American Artists, by C.J. Janovy at NPR
- New Orleans To Take Down Confederate Monuments, from Al Jazeera America
- 20 Places For Black People To Travel, from Buzzfeed
- Enough of Aid, Let's Talk Reparations, by Jason Hickel at The Guardian
- These Excuses for Gentrification Excuse Colonization, Too, by Michael MJ Jones at Everyday Feminism
- Articles and links from SettlersInfo.org
Environment- America's Decades-Old History of Environmental Racism, by Heather Shayne Blakeslee at Grid
- 10 Year Old Wukchumni Boy's Refusal To Sing Song Leads to Its Removal From School, by Levi Rickert at Native News Online
- Canada Acknowledges Abuse of First Nations, a video from AJ+
- Hundreds Gather in Mankato at Site of Mass Hanging, from Red Power Media
- Indigenous Rights Victories You Didn't Hear About in 2015 by John Ahni Schertow at Intercontinental Cry
- White Latino Racism on the Rise: On Euro Diasporic Whiteness, by William Garcia at Latino Rebels
- Racial Coding & Assumptions of Collective Guilt in San Bernadino, by Deepa Iyer at Colorlines
- Stand Up Against Anti-Arab Racism and Islamophobia, from Coming Together
- Anti-Muslim is Anti-American, from VS Goliath
White Privilege/White Antiracism
- Dear White America by George Yancy at the New York Times
The members of Racial Justice Rising are ordinary people who are troubled by the persistent racism that plagues this country. Believing that the damage caused by racism must be repaired before our society can be whole, we work for just and respectful treatment for all. We share a vision of a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-faith community.
Our mission is to work for racial justice and system change by:
While much of our work is focused in our local area, Franklin County, MA, we reach out to and are connected with the broader movements in our region and the nation.
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters! We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
- We welcome your feedback!
- Please share with others who might be interested