RACIAL JUSTICE RISING
MASS SLAVERY APOLOGY
Resources for Racial Justice
Mass Slavery Apology’s activities:
The Undoing Our Own Racism discussion series is not meeting in June, July, or August.
Saturday, August 1, Turners Falls: Pocumtuck Homelands Festival. We’ll have a table with information & conversation at this beautiful event organized by our friends at the Nolumbeka Project. Come say hi!
Join us at our free monthly programs in Greenfield:
All programs are at the First Congregational Church of Greenfield, 43 Silver Street, Greenfield MA 01301. (A big thank you to the First Congregational Church of Greenfield for your support!) They are almost always on the first Saturday morning of the month. Free snacks and childcare.For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.massslaveryapology.org
Check out Mass Slavery Apology’s new YouTube channel!
We will be posting videos of our programs, and more. Currently available:
- One People, One Earth! with Brother NorthStar
Lives/Black History with Gloria De,Layne Matlock and Adam Matlock
Many thanks to George Aguiar!
Articles, websites, and other resources
- More questions Than Answers In Sandra Bland Case, from Melissa Harris-Perry at MSNBC
- Demand Justice for Sandra Bland, from Color of Change
- Here's a review of Between the World & Me, Ta-Nehisi Coates' "searing meditation on what it means to be black in America today." by Michiko Kakutani in the New York Times
- African American Family Records From Era of Slavery To be Available for Free Online by Joanna Walters at the Guardian
- Slavery To Mass Incarceration by the Equal Justice Initiative. A 6 minute video with nice graphics.
Criminal Justice & Injustice
- A friend recommends Just Mercy, A Story of Justice & Redemption by Bryan Stevenson, the story of an activist lawyer's work for justice.
- I'm Latino, But I'm Not... from Buzzfeed
- Muslim Groups Raise $30,000+ to Help Rebuild Black Churches, by Huishong Wu at Mashable
White Privilege/White Antiracism
- Why White People Deny Their Privilege, by Julie Zeilinger at mic.com
- You Don't Have To Hate Anybody To Be A Bigot from the Daily Sift
- White People Face Their Whiteness (Warning: lots of white people crying) by Kristen Yoonsoo Kim at Complex
- How To Overcome The Murderous Fear of White People by Zaron Burnett III at Human Parts
- 8 Facts About Race That Every White Person Needs To Know To Fight Racism by Darnell Moore at Everyday Feminism
Other groups’ events:
Thank you, readers who send us information for these newsletters!
We welcome links to articles, videos, event listings, and other resources.
Because almost half of our 500+ readers are from other regions than our own, we’d love to list more events in other locales.
- We welcome your feedback!
- Please share with others who might be interested.